Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rambling - Part Two: Milwaukee

Lesson 2: Friends are worth any amount of miles.

This is going to be a shorter post, because it's personal and I like to hold some experiences to myself. Not saying y'all aren't worthy of the story of my trip to Milwaukee, but this isn't an academic post.

Volunteerism is something I enjoy, especially when it comes to SIGGRAPH. You already know this, but I thought I'd take a moment to reiterate just how awesome it feels to reconnect with people who value service as much as you do. When you collectively travel thousands of miles to support one person on one day for a few short hours, it says a lot about the strength of your heart.

Volunteer work has placed incredible, generous people into my life who would have never been there otherwise. And for that I'm extremely thankful.

Photo credit to the amazing Christine Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment